How to Write a Case Study Analysis
A case study analysis is a type of paper which needs to investigate problems be it business or even criminal cases, depending on your field of study, that is. It is also imperative that you examine alternative solutions to initially proposed solutions by previous author(s) and then propose the most effective solution based on multiple evidences coming from different resources including EssayBasics.com.
To create your own case study analysis, you must first adhere to these steps and their sub-steps:
- Prepare the case
Select a case you wish to study on or a case that depends on your field. Once you selected your case, make sure to read it repeatedly to fully comprehend and understand it. You can take notes or even highlight the most relevant facts or problems faced by the case.
When your notes are done, identify key problems. It may range from 2 to 5 and how why these problems are considered problems or how they impact the events presented in the case. You also have to make it a point to note down who caused the problems in the first place.
After identifying the origin of the case, you need to do further reading on possible solutions proposed by other authors or should your case be unique, consult experts and get their advise. When all possible solutions have been collected, select the best among them.
- Draft the case
When you finish noting down all information and organize them into hierarchy or an outline, a draft of your analysis must be prepared into the following general section but can have a variation depending on the direction your paper will take:
- For the introduction, write down the key problems you need to address in the case study and then formulate a thesis statement which summarizes the outcome of your analysis. It should be 1 to 2 sentences.
- For the background, note down the scenes such as background information or relevant facts presented in the issue. In this portion, demonstrate your mastery of all the researches you have done previously in collating information for your case study.
- In evaluating the case, outline all the previous studies done and discuss what points worked and which were inefficient. You should be able to state why these sections were working or not.
- Propose a solution or any other necessary changes for the study. Be specific and explain why you chose them by providing concepts from readings, personal experience(s) or any other outside researches conducted.
- Add in recommendations to determine and discuss strategies which the next research should be able to accomplish. You should also include recommended actions to resolve some of the issues you could not cover such as what they should do to resolve them.
- In finalizing the case, proof read and make any necessary edits to avoid as much errors as possible. Additionally, reflect on the following inconsistencies should you notice anything wrong with your work:
- Check the clearness and directness of the thesis statement
- Were you able to truly solve the problem
- Should you add any corresponding details necessary for the case analysis?
Take the initiative to go over your paper multiple times before submitting because even small changes can go a long way.
September 11, 2018 Uncategorized
September 11, 2018